Dragon Waiting

Did you ever read a book that you really liked, but made you feel stupid? The Dragon Waiting is one of those books.

It has a great plot, interesting characters and a very well thought out fantasy world that combines elements of real-world history with magic and vampires. No problems so far.

There were sections however, that only hint at what's going on. Conversations where one character says something vague, followed by the other character thinking things along the lines of "...he knew exactly what she meant". Well I don't, tell me! I don't have a clue, mate. I hate being made to feel stupid, or that I've missed something, mainly because it doesn't happen very often (me being super-clever, of course. Much cleverer than you, for instance. Yes, I am).

Luckily, the interwebs have found another review that comments on the same thing. Which is fine by me. As long as it's not just me feeling a bit stupid I can cope with it. Maybe, as the reviewer above states, it's one of those books you can keep reading over and over, getting more out of it each time - but that will have to wait until my sulk at feeling thick is over.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Too much information

Running: Trailguru

Tidying up